Weird World News • Foundry VTT Access
A downloadable game
Check out this groovy game based off your favorite cartoons from the 1970s. Players control intrepid members of an Extreme News Team on the hunt for UFOs, ghosts, mothmen, and other cryptids.
But not all is as it seems—for every authentic cryptid uncovered, there's another half-dozen frauds: executors disguised as bigfoot trying to bilk the rightful heirs out of an inheritance; restauranteurs in mummy bandages trying to stamp out competition; or a ruthless robber-baron masked as a vampire trying to buy land cheap.
Unveil the frauds and stop the monsters in Weird World News, the latest Fate World of Adventure from André la Roche.
Weird World News requires Fate Core to play. This supplement includes:
- A character creation system based on archetypes usually seen in ’70s cartoons
- A new character stat—Aptitudes—which are more pointed than Approaches and keep the game focused on classic WWN hijinks
- An episode creation system, including random tables
- Rules for GM-less play options, including two-player games
- Sample characters and monsters to facilitate quick play options
- A sample adventure: Moon for the Mothman
Hop into the Weird World News van, Griffy! Let’s hunt some monsters!
The Fate Adventures & Worlds line provides compact, rich, affordable, gorgeous settings with a ready-to-go adventure for GMs in a pinch. Buy one this afternoon, be ready to run this evening.
- A setup tool that will fully deploy the content of this module into a world of your choice. This is the way we recommend you use this module, and it works best if you start with a fresh new world. On first load, click the 'Weird World News' thumbnail to commence the setup process.
- Ten linked Journal Entries accessed from the Journal Entries tab, providing the entire contents of Weird World News' a Fate World first released by Evil Hat Productions as a PDF.
- Four sample player characters and associated tokens. Found in the "Player Characters" folder in the Actors Directory. Instructions for creating your own character using the tools here in this FoundryVTT module, in the Journal Entries.
- 6 linked NPCs, 9 Foes, and 6 extra actors with tokens to populate your mysteries,
- 1 Playmat with 7 variable backgrounds to host your investigations.
- All actors, journals, and assets are available in Compendiums within the game world. Available to expand on your Wild West adventures or re-import fresh versions of all included content.
Foundry VTT Release
Once purchased you'll receive an access key on the Download Page (click the "Claim Key" button to reveal it) that can be used to unlock the Foundry Premium Content.
To activate a key:
- Log-in to the Foundry Virtual Tabletop website
- Click your username in the upper right corner to access your profile page
- Click the Premium Content Button in the lower left
- Copy and paste your content key into the Content Key field
- Click the Activate Content button
Once activated the Content Key is added to your account and no further steps are required. Your premium content will appear in your "Unlocked Premium Content" list, showcasing what content you have permission to access via the Premium Content section of the package installer in Foundry Virtual Tabletop.
To install premium content:
- From the Setup menu within Foundry VTT, select the appropriate tab for your content: Game Worlds, Game Systems, or Add-on Modules.
- On this tab, click the install button in the bottom left corner.
- In the installation menu that appears, filter the view by clicking the Premium Content category on the left hand side.
- Locate your Premium Content within the list or use the filter field to search for it and click the Install button on the right-hand side.
If your content displays "Not Owned" instead of an installation button please verify that you have activated the content for your account.
More details on accessing Premium Content here.
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $9.99 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.