Monster of the Week HC
A downloadable game
A monster lurks in the shadows...
Most people don’t believe in monsters, but you know the truth. They’re real, and it’s your task to bring them down. This hardcover-based edition of Monster of the Week brings that adventure to life.
Monster of the Week is a standalone action-horror RPG for 3-5 people. Hunt high school beasties a la Buffy the Vampire Slayer, travel the country to bring down unnatural creatures like the Winchester brothers of Supernatural, or head up the government investigation like Mulder and Scully. This book contains everything you need to tackle Bigfoot, collar a chupacabra, and drive away demons.
In this PDF based on the hardcover edition, you’ll find:
- Character creation rules to bring your hunter to life and create a cohesive hunting team, including fourteen ready-to-go hunter types ranging from the Snoop to the Spooktacular, the Monstrous to the Divine.
- A stand-alone system based on the easy-to-use Powered by the Apocalypse engine.
- Eight core moves to investigate and deal with monsters.
- Thorough mystery-creation tools and two ready-to-play mysteries.
- Example monsters like Balkan vampires, ghouls, and spore trolls.
- Rules options to expand the scope and change the flavor of your game to fit the weekly monster story you’ve always wanted to see, including phenomena-type mysteries and alternative weird abilities.
Grab the fireplace poker and open your spell book. That monster’s going down!
Contains PDF based on the hardcover edition, and ePub (Nook) and mobi (Kindle) formats from the softcover edition, plus the handouts.
What's New in This Version?
With the hardcover edition of Monster of the Week, we’ve added in a little bit extra to the existing material from the revised softcover edition—24 additional pages in all.
From The Tome of Mysteries supplement, we’ve added rules options for alternative weird basic moves, phenomenon-type mysteries, and an alternative, more flexible investigate a mystery move. We’ve also incorporated all of the special Luck moves from Tome of Mysteries for this book’s playbooks that didn’t have them previously.
We’ve also brought in two additional playbooks that previously existed only as online downloadables: the Snoop and the Spooktacular.
If you already own the revised Monster of the Week and the Tome of Mysteries supplement you’ve already got what you need!
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $20 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
I see there is a hard cover 'facelift' edition coming out soon, nice! https://evilhat.com/product/monster-of-the-week-hardcover/
Will this 'Revised Edition' get updated, to include the new content?
Or will that be a separate PDF to purchase again?
This product has been updated to match the hardcover edition. I believe this grants access for the new file to all prior purchasers.
My friend and I played this game for our podcast. I moderated 1 story line, and they moderated the "Dream Away the Time" module using Roll20. It was a great time!
If you want to hear some game play, check out the podcast:
Iri Loneguard: https://spotifyanchor-web.app.link/e/hS43FjeB6vb
Dream Away the Time: