Got this and Advanced Lovers And Lesbians for my birthday and running a magical girl champaign with it currently. It’s fun! Though a lot harder to gm than it looked like. Mostly as someone who often prefers and runs slower games it feels like I’m doing something wrong whenever I sit down and play it. The players like it though so that’s a win <:)
Thirsty Sword Lesbians
A downloadable game
Love, swords, and adventure.
Thirsty Sword Lesbians battle the Lady of Chains when her enforcers march down from the frosty north. They rocket through the stars to safeguard diplomats ending a generations-old conflict. Even when swords are crossed, they seek peace with their opponent—and sometimes connect more deeply than anyone expects.
A sword duel can end in kissing, a witch can gain her power by helping others find love, and an entire campaign can be built around wandering matchmakers flying from system to system.
Thirsty Sword Lesbians is a roleplaying game for telling queer stories with friends. If you love angsty disaster lesbians with swords, you have come to the right place.
In this book, you’ll find:
- Flirting, sword-fighting, and zingers in a system designed for both narrative drama and player safety.
- An innovative take on the Powered by the Apocalypse family of games.
- Nine character types, each focusing on a particular emotional conflict: Beast, Chosen, Devoted, Infamous, Nature Witch, Scoundrel, Seeker, Spooky Witch, and Trickster.
- Guidance and support for running the game, including how to make appealing adversaries, set the tone, pace the game, and structure play.
- Tools to create your own settings and stories, alongside a dozen pre-written options including the cyberpunk Neon City 2099, steamfunk poets battling oppression as Les Violettes Dangereuses, laser swords and intrigue in the Starcross Galaxy, and more.
- World building worksheet for custom scenarios and starting scenario seeds to play with: Best Day of Their Lives, The Constellation Festival, Gal Paladins, and Sword Lesbians of the Three Houses
- Variant rules to highlight different identities, emotional connections, and setting elements.
- Strategies to adapt any setting where swords cross and hearts race for Thirsty Sword Lesbians.
Ready? Let’s go!
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $15 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Support this game at or above a special price point to receive something exclusive.
Thanks to the incredible support of Kickstarter and BackerKit backers we have community copies of Thirsty Sword Lesbians available for download!
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Picked up a physical book at Gay Pride in St. Louis. I am in love. Happen to have a friend that is running a PBP game so super excited about that. This is my first foray into the PbtA system, and anything other than D&D. We have just scratched the surface with char creation and we all love it so far. Looking forward to more!
Hey, first of all I LOVE THIS GAME
Second, I am preparing to run it and I was wondering if there is a text/doc version available anywhere because I find it much easier to parse, reference and run the game in markdown format through Obsidian. Thanks :)
The first PbtA game that made me super excited to play a particular progression of playbooks.
what's the max and min number of PCs
This game is super silly and super cute. Thanks for including it bundles!
bro i had my mom buy the ukrane bundle was it really nessisary to have this game on top of the list :|
what's wrong with it? Cover is also badass looking
THE SAME THING HAPPENED WITH MY DAD MAN
Kinda appropriate give the situation in Ukraine.
A wonderful game I am very proud to have kickstarted <3 so happy to see it here!
what files do I have to download?
We recommend downloading all the files. They include the book (Thirsty Sword Lesbians EHP0069E.pdf) and the character sheets (in standard PDF and Form Fillable versions).
seems like it would be worth 15 bucks. LGBTQ game on itch.io, which we see a lot, but has a unique plot and game style, while also being in a bundle that is raising 2,000,000 dollars for the Ukraine
Very excited to play haha, the name alone got me hooke
I found it as CC-SA-BY
So I translated the key rule part to Chinese