A downloadable game
The Essence of Fate
Fate Condensed is a compact, stand-alone version of the Fate Core System streamlined for clarity and ease of reference.
Fate Condensed gives you easy-to- digest rules in as few pages as possible, letting you get to the table and roll the dice, fast. It includes a few simple refinements to the Fate Core engine honed over a decade of active play and development. And best of all, it's 100% compatible with every one of our 90+ Fate products already published.
Fate veterans will appreciate the concise layout, minor refinements, and additions to Fate’s rules (see below for the details).
New to Fate? Fate Condensed can drive any game, any scenario you can imagine. Unleash your creativity! Fate's flexible rules make it easy.
You can adapt your favorite movie or tv series, or create an original world uniquely tailored to your group. Players populate that world with proactive, capable characters leading dramatic lives. The Game Master challenges them with crises tied both to the world and to their personal troubles.
Fate Condensed gives you the flexibility and power to bring your vision to life!
Inside Fate Condensed, you'll find:
- One-point stress boxes to help reduce player confusion. (Don't worry, you can still use Fate Core stress if you want!)
- Skills no longer determine turn order. Instead, the story determines who goes first, and the active player chooses who goes next.
- We've improved advancement, eliminating significant milestones and finessing major milestones to compensate.
- Active opposition is no longer separate from the defend action.
- Fourteen pages of optional rules to make building your own custom variant of Fate easy. These options give you rules for countdowns, scale, extreme consequences, methods to make your Big Bads bigger and badder, and more.
For game creators, the text of Fate Condensed is available for development under an open license. Its low word-count means it won’t bust your budget when creating your own stand-alone game Powered by Fate. See https://www.faterpg.com/licensing/ for details.
Choose your Fate!
- Looking for an in-depth walk-through of the system? Fate Core contains copious examples and under-the-hood design philosophy.
- Want beginner-friendly, streamlined play? Check out Fate Accelerated, designed for speed.
- Seeking a tight, refined, wallet-friendly rules reference? Put one (or more!) copies of Fate Condensed in easy reach, break out your dice, and start playing.
Whatever way you want to play, there’s a Fate that’s right for you!
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- Fate Condensed Changelog 2020.05.06May 06, 2020
- Fate Condensed Changelog 2020.04.03Apr 03, 2020
- Fate Condensed Changelog 2020.03.11Mar 12, 2020
- Fate Condensed Changelog 2020.02.27Feb 27, 2020
- Fate Condensed Changelog 2020.02.21Feb 21, 2020
- Fate Condensed Changelog 2020.02.06Feb 06, 2020
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Could you also add the traslated versions of the books? It would be really great.
FATE Condensed is a really great tabletop rpg! The rules explanation are clear and easy to understand, even for me, a new FATE player. It really can handle many different genres.
I highly recommend FATE Condensed guys, and if afterwards you want to add some more optional subsystems, you can check its big brother FATE Core, which is full of examples and useful tips too.
Thank you so much for making and sharing this with all of us, Evil Hat Productions team.